Concrete Topping & Road Base Material
At Newport Premix Concrete & Garden Supplies, we’re proud to offer a quality range of concrete topping, road base materials and crushed rock in Melbourne that will meet all your needs. Whether you’re constructing a driveway, path or slab, you’ll find the best concrete toppings and road base material options within our range. Discover our available options today.
What is Concrete Topping?
Concrete topping is a layer of high-strength concrete that’s placed onto a dilapidated concrete surface to make it denser and more abrasion-resistant. This helps to improve the level of strength and structural depth of the base concrete.
Types of Concrete Topping We Can Supply – Stone Dust & More
Our range includes:
- Tuscan topping − Provides a firm base when compacted with a vibrating plate. Made from a decorative rock with a brown earthy tone, it’s the perfect choice for driveways and paths.
- Lilycan topping − Provides the hardest base of all gravels we stock when compacted with a vibrating plate. With a white / off white colour finish, it’s suitable for driveways and pathways.
- Stone dust − A 5mm bluestone material that’s economical and low maintenance. Can be used under synthetic grass, as a decorative option for pathways, or as a base under concreting for driveways and slabs.
- Crushed rocks – 20 millimetre crushed rocks for construction aggregate and landscape uses. Can be used for walkway, path or driveway pavement.
Reasons to Use Concrete Topping
- Thickness of the concrete flooring is improved
- The property will get a new and clean concrete surface that will hide visible defects in the original concrete
- The strength of any weak and fragile concrete is improved
- The cost of repairing the concrete will be significantly reduced
Enquire with Newport Premix Today
To learn more about our available types of concrete toppings and road base material products, call our team today on (03) 9397 2233.